Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Announcement Of New Blog

I would like to introduce you to my new blog. It will be about advertising and marketing issues that we read about every day. Here's something I found that caught my eye:

"If the circus is coming to town and you paint a sign saying, "Circus is coming to Fairgrounds Sunday," that's Advertising. If you put the sign on the back of an elephant and walk him through town, that's a Promotion. If the elephant walks through the Mayor's flower bed, that's Publicity. If you can get the Mayor to laugh about it, that's Public Relations. And, if you planned the whole thing, that's Marketing!" --Author Unknown ( From The Definition of Marketing by Tiffany Washko).


This blog will mainly cover the advertising and marketing news as it pertains to New Media, entertainment, television, and Social Networking. Along the way I may pass along something that touches on a different area. I hope you'll bear with me as I get this blog started.

If you have news or a blog you think may be of interest please send me an email:
jerichorises@inbox.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a really interesting story, so short yet so aptly described the nature of advertising, promotion and PR. I go around visiting lots of advertising, design and copywriting blog because I'm in the industry too. Visit me at my blog if free.

Unknown said...

sorry. my blog is at www.versacreations.net